Gain more choice and control over the care you receive and the person who provides that care.
We work with the Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Michigan.
Self-determined services offer you more choice and control over the care you or your loved one receive, and more choice and control over the person who provides that care. You select, train and manage their daily work schedule, and approve their timesheets.
As your Fiscal Intermediary, Consumer Direct Michigan will establish you as an employer, process your employee’s paperwork and payroll, and will withhold and file all employee and employer taxes. This allows you the most choice, flexibility, control and independence.
We provide the right tools so you can succeed in managing your supports and achieve your goals. On an ongoing basis, Consumer Direct will assist with tasks such as:
- Facilitating employee background checks
- Record retention for your employee(s)
- Processing time sheet and issuing pay checks
- Withholding and filing employer and employee related payroll taxes
- Ensuring Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Coverage
- Compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations
- Providing spending summaries (On-line access available)